April is around the corner and with Spring slowly showing it's beautiful face, we are about to begin a brand new series!
The Play All Day series will focus on the art of play. As adults, we kind of suck at it. The series will take a closer look at how we can engage with our kids in meaningful ways that help support them cognitively, emotionally and socially as they grow.
What this series will NOT be:
- a guide telling you that you must love to play juvenile games in order to connect with your child
- a guide telling you that you need to always initiate play with your child
- a guide telling you to plan, teach and enforce the rules all of the time
What this series WILL be:
- practical suggestions for activities that are age-appropriate for your child
- strategies for how to get your child engaged in different types of play
- tips for teaching your child valuable life skills such as sharing, turn taking, and good sportsmanship
- keys to helping your children take the lead in their play (establishing both independent play and child-initiated play)
- occasional demonstrations of how to use very basic behaviour theory to motivate positive play behaviours
The series will break it down into four age groups:
Babies and Toddlers - a focus on engaging your child in infancy to Pre-K!
Kindergarten - building social skills and exploring the world and own senses through play
Primary Years (Gr. 1-3) - playing with others and building positive play skills
Grade 4+ - developing critical thinking skills and increasing knowledge through problem solving and logical play
If you want any particular suggestions or questions answered, please let me know in advance so I can incorporate it into the series! You can do so by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to jumping into a new series with you!